Infobase Solutions is a rapidly growing firm specializing in IT consulting and recruitment in financial industry.
We are working with some of our large clients and are looking for a talented Network Analyst contractor to implement updates to its end-to-end QoS configuration in support of an ongoing VoIP initiative.
- Act as the primary implementation engineer for the update of end-to-end QoS configuration, in accordance with design/standards delivered by the client’s Network Engineering team, for a number of campus locations across Ontario.
- Review the in-scope network infrastructure and formulate an action plan to update the configuration to comply with standards provided by Network Engineering, including the clean-up/removal of any unnecessary legacy configuration.
- Work with the project team and network engineering to establish timelines for implementation
- Liaise with internal network engineers and architects to resolve any design or software related problems that may arise throughout the course of the project.
- Ensure that QoS configuration is implemented consistently and successfully across all locations in scope for this project.
- Perform network QoS implementations outside of standard work hours to align with established maintenance windows (evenings work primarily; working from home with adjusted work hours is a possibility) following standard corporate change management processes.
- Perform network and security stress testing (DDoS simulations) in a lab environment against network infrastructure including Infoblox advanced security appliances.
- Validate technical and functional capabilities of the Infoblox advanced security appliances as it pertains to security and network defense.
- Perform proof of concept testing for Gigamon network visibility appliances (GigaVUE HC-2, HC-1) as it pertains to DNS logging and metadata forwarding.
- Provide regularly reporting of overall project status to the project delivery managers and direct manager on a regular basis.
- Documentation of new operational processes and traffic flows as they relate to both the QoS and lab testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 5-7 years IT industry experience required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or related knowledge work experience an asset.
- Strong understanding of standards based QoS Packet marking (DSCP, PHB, COS).
- Strong familiarity with the way QoS is configured across a variety of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE & NX-OS platforms (i.e. Software vs Hardware Queuing, WRED, NAR etc.).
- Knowledge of the DNS protocol and DNS servers such as Infoblox or BIND.
- Knowledge of network stress testing tools such as IXIA/Breaking Point/Perfect Storm, iPerf.
- Working knowledge of virtualization concepts (virtual machine, hypervisor, hardware abstraction, VMware, etc).
- Programming skills including PERL, Python, and RESTful API integration as they pertain to the software defined data center considered an asset .
- Knowledge and/or experience with working with automation or orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Powershell is considered an asset.