We would love to hear from you, whether you want to learn more about what Infobase can do for your business, or you are just hoping to expand your network!
If you would prefer to email us, please fill out this form:
- visitors and users of the various Infobase sites, including our websites on https://www.infobasesolutions.com/
- attendees of Infobase events, such as Infobase Christmas Reception;
- customers and prospective customers and their representatives;
- subscribers to Infobase newsletters;
- visitors to Infobase facilities; and
- suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
1.2 Categories and specific pieces of personal information we process:
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you;
- photographs that identify you and testimonials;
- transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details and payment methods;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company as well as publicly available company information and activity associated with company data;
- data from surveys conducted by Infobase or by third parties on behalf of Infobase and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- call recording and chat transcript data from live chat sessions or interviews;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Infobase;
- to create and administer an Infobase single sign-on (SSO) account (also referred to as an ‘Infobase Account’) and to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management;
- to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process orders for Infobase products and services;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security and operation of our sites, facilities, and networks and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
2.2 We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- to administer subscriptions of Infobase publications and newsletters;
- to provide select business-to-business services to Infobase customers using publicly available information about companies which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO that is publicly available.
2.3 These purposes are described below in further detail:
- To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Infobase
- If you get in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, reaching out to us via Infobase email, attending Infobase events or other occasions), we process information about you to communicate with you and to respond to your requests or other inquiries. We can also process personal information to interact with you on third party social networks.
- To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services.
- To manage the security of our sites, facilities, networks and systems.
- We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, facilities, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
- In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving and insurance purposes.
- To administer subscriptions of Infobase publications and newsletters.
- Infobase may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). We do our best to tailor your website visit, marketing experience and our communications to your expressed interests.
- If you attend an event, Infobase may process information about you gathered in relation to the event and can share information about your attendance with your company. Infobase may also permit designated event partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications related to your event attendance.
- We may also process your personal information to post testimonials on our sites, but will first obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
- For some business-to-business services, we may collect the publicly available names of company directors and officials to better understand the status of these companies and help inform our services which relate to providing customers information about other companies.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 Sharing within Infobase
Infobase employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
3.2 Sharing with third parties
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing services, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and background check services, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of Infobase;
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
Infobase has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
4.1 What are your privacy rights?
You have multiple privacy rights, subject to applicable law, in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information
You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by Infobase.
- Delete personal information
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information
You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information
You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you
You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU, California or other jurisdiction that provides you this right as a matter of law.
4.2 What type of security do we provide on our Sites?
The security of all personal information collected through our sites is importance to us. We have taken reasonable technical, administrative and physical security steps to protect the personal information collected from you through the Sites, consistent with standard industry practice and the sensitivity of the personal information collected. These security measures are periodically reviewed. However, there are some things that users of our sites can do to help protect the security of their personal information as well. For instance, no user should ever give out their username and password. Also, every user should sign out of their Internet account and close their browser window each time they finish using the Internet so that other people using the same computer will not have access to their information.
4.3 Complaints or concerns about this Privacy Statement
- modify your information on your account profile page on the applicable site
- use the Contact Us form on the applicable site
- call 1-647-714-8401 (Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm EST)
- write us at Infobase Solutions International Inc. at 200-100 Consilium Pl, Scarborough, ON M1H 3E3
We will make available to you any specific personal information of yours that we have collected, used or disclosed, upon your request, to the extent permitted by law. We will make such information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, including explaining any abbreviations or codes.
5. GOVERNING LAW
This Privacy Statement is governed by, and interpreted and enforced in accordance with, the laws in force in the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada (excluding any conflict of laws, rule or principle which might refer such interpretation to the laws of another jurisdiction).